A £50m programme of improvements to British Airways Club Europe lifts off today (September 23) with the arrival of the airline`s first new generation Airbus A319 aircraft.
The new Club Europe cabin features re-designed seats, new interiors, refurbished lounges and faster check-in, all designed to ensure British Airways is the first choice for business passengers in Europe.
The new look product was unveiled by Bob Ayling, British Airways Chief Executive, at a ceremony attended by Dr Dietrich Russell, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, to mark the arrival of the A319 aircraft at Birmingham Airport.
Bob Ayling said: ” British Airways is committed to offering the best possible service and is investing more than £6 billion in its biggest ever programme of product improvements for premium passengers. Club Europe is the first of our new products in the air and will be followed by Club World, Concorde and First next year .”
The programme of investment builds on an £150m investment in the airline`s economy World Traveller service last year.
Key elements of new Club Europe ,which will be supported by a training programme for more than 5,000 staff includes:
* New sports car style seats in luxurious deep blue leather with enhanced padding and contouring for greater comfort. New brighter, lighter interiors including new carpets and curtains.
* Roll out of a refurbishment programme of 26 dedicated Club Europe lounges throughout Europe incorporating the `terraces` concept with facilities for passengers to work or relax.
* Plans for a three minute “Fast Track” queue beating guarantee designed to speed passengers through passport and security checks at Terminal 1.
* Trials of priority baggage clearance into the UK and a fast baggage drop facility to complement ten different ways to check-in.
* Plans for new Club Europe check-in areas at UK airports.
* Accelerated installation of hosted self-service ticketing kiosks throughout
Europe which enables check-in under a minute and allows passengers to choose their own seats.
* New menus that are simpler, lighter, healthier and tastier.