Occidental Hotels & Resorts is stepping into autumn with a new image complete with all-new resort names. The re-launch involves a renaming of properties across Mexico, Costa Rica and the Caribbean. The new names will help differentiate Occidental Hotels & Resorts’ three all-inclusive brands: Royal Hideaway, a new breed of luxury, five-star deluxe resorts with a focus on personalized pampering; Grand, five-star resorts offering up everything from scintillating nightly entertainment to gourmet dining; and Allegro, Occidental’s most well-known and cost-effective brand, reputed for its unrivalled focus on fun.
“We are introducing these new resort names to help distinguish and identify our all-inclusive resorts by their respective brands, each of which brings different amenities and experiences to the table for guests,” says Jorn Kaae, senior vice president, Occidental Hotels & Resorts. “At Occidental, we customise our resorts so all types of travelers have an unparalleled holiday experience when they stay with us.”
To kick-off the name change, guests of any newly named Occidental resort who have changed their name within the last year (and not because of marriage or divorce) will receive a complimentary 30-minute massage from now through November 15, 2003.
Occidental Hotels & Resorts’ new names are as follows:
* Allegro Cozumel by Occidental (formerly Occidental Allegro Cozumel)
* Allegro Playacar by Occidental (formerly Occidental Allegro Playacar)
* Grand Cozumel by Occidental (formerly Occidental Grand Cozumel)
* Grand Xcaret by Occidental (formerly Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret)
* Grand Nuevo Vallarta by Occidental (formerly Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta)
* Royal Hideaway Playacar by Occidental (formerly Occidental Royal Hideaway)
* Allegro Papagayo by Occidental (formerly Occidental Allegro Papagayo)
* Allegro Playa Dorada by Occidental (formerly Occidental Allegro Playa Dorada)
* Allegro Punta Cana by Occidental (formerly OccidentaAllegro Punta Cana)
* Grand Flamenco Puerto Plata by Occidental (formerly Occidental Grand Flamenco Puerto Plata)
* Grand Flamenco Punta Cana by Occidental (formerly Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana)
* Grand Pineapple Beach by Occidental (formerly Occidental Grand Pineapple Beach)
* Allegro Aruba by Occidental (formerly Occidental Grand Aruba)
Occidental Hotels & Resorts plans to upgrade the Caribbean Village Cancun (formerly Occidental Caribbean Village Cancun) and Costa Smeralda (formerly Occidental Costa Smeralda) to Grand properties. Caribbean Village Playacar (formerly Occidental Caribbean Village Playacar), Caribbean Village Club on the Green (formerly Occidental Club on the Green), Caribbean Village Playa Grande (formerly Occidental Allegro Playa Grande), Jack Tar Village Puerto Plata (formerly Occidental Jack Tar Puerto Plata) and Occidental El Tucano & Spa (formerly Occidental El Tucano) have been renamed but currently do not fall under the three existing brands.