Aruba reports Increase in US Arrivals

22nd Aug 2003

Aruba has continued its upward trend in year-to-date visitors from the United States, posting increases of 2.19% in June and an impressive double-digit 12.04% jump in July, for a combined 14.23% spike. These numbers were recently released by the Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA), which reports travel from January through July up 3.66% overall from 2002, which translates into nearly 10,000 more holiday makers.

The positive numbers impressed Minister of Tourism and Transportation Edison Briesen who stated, “We are proud of the two consecutive strong months that we have had for U.S. arrivals and hope to continue this upward spiral. Word of mouth from happy travelers is surely spreading.”

Contributing factors to this gain include new airlift such as Continental`s service from Houston and additional seats on US Airways, coupled with ATA`s integrated marketing efforts. Plus, on-island events in June and July, such as the Aruba Hi-Winds Challenge and the 10th Annual Aruba Reef Care Project, are sure contributors to drawing crowds. 

Those planning a trip to Aruba might peg it to one of the island`s upcoming events, namely Aruba`s Second Annual Music Festival, featuring rock and roll stars Crosby, Stills & Nash and Chicago, rocking the Aruba Entertainment Center October 10 and 11. For golf devotees who plan holiday around tee times, the Aruba International Pro-Am Golf Tournament, held August 24 to 26, is one of many reasons to take a pre-Labor Day getaway to Aruba.

Related Stories On Caribbean Weekly
(07/08/03) New Airline, BonairExel, to Offer Flights to Aruba and Curacao
(08/08/03) Rick Zeolla Gains New Appointment at Aruba Marriott
(14/08/03) Aruba Grab Quinn & Co. to Handle PR



Recommended for you

Follow Breaking Travel News

Travel Events Calendar

Media Partnerships

Global Restaurant Investment ForumThe Hospitality & Tourism SummitCATHIC
ITB AsiaChina Outbound Travel & Tourism MarketThe Travel Marketing Store
Serviced Apartment SummitWorld Travel MarketIMEX
AHICWTTCRoutes Online
UBM Aviation