Stena Line, the largest ferry company in Europe, has signed an agreement with Amadeus to distribute its product offering through Amadeus Ferry throughout Europe.
Amadeus Ferry is an innovative, fully automated, internet browser-based, ferry information and booking tool. Its independent architecture allows Amadeus Ferry to be used by any travel agency, regardless of the GDS used and also by ferry-oriented agencies that do not require full GDS functionalities.
Amadeus Ferry is a unique, added value tool, which helps ferry lines improve information access and reduce distribution costs. Among key benefits Stena Line and other ferry providers can look forward to by distributing through Amadeus Ferry are:
* increased automation rates in reservations, which in turn reduces call-centre strain and distribution costs. According to internal Amadeus estimates, for ferry bookings today, travel agency automation rates lie at approximately 20 per cent and with Amadeus Ferry, this is set to rise to an average 65 per cent. Overall productivity and customer satisfaction is therefore improved greatly.
* increased business opportunities, as through the Amadeus system distribution rises to an international level with expanded visibility and reach. Travel on all routes can potentially be booked from any part of the world.
Amadeus and Stena Line have extended their agreement to include a partnership in which the two companies will also carry out joint marketing activities to ensure effective sales and a strengthened customer relationship.
Amadeus Ferry«s flexible functionality accommodates ferry companies« specific requirements. As a result, many of the major European ferry companies have decided to distribute through this tool, to expand their reach both internationally and domestically. Among these are Corsica Sardinia Ferries, Color Line, Moby Lines, Brittany Ferries, SNCM, Hoverspeed, TT-Line, Corsica Marittima, Hellenic Mediterranean Lines and Seafrance.
Further benefits that Amadeus Ferry also offers travel agents include:
* Full booking functionality for passengers and vehicles including booking modification possibilities.
* Speedy booking process as built-in automation reduces the need for manual data entries.
* Enabled handling of travel agency specific negotiated or promotional rates.
* Expert booking path for experienced ferry bookers.
* Instant on screen visibility of enhanced functionality and new ferry routes on deployment.
* Usability options which support both internet and dedicated-line communication options.
Stena Line registered 13.5m passengers on its 16 routes in the Baltic, Irish Sea and English Channel in the year 2000.