A joint venture between Amadeus and Fourth Dimension Software has been launched in the UK.
Atinera offers the leisure travel industry a new technology partner using software developed in the last five years specifically for today`s market and is the result of a $60 million investment.
Atinera launches with an extensive range of features and benefits, namely:
* Tailored solutions for every leisure travel business - small to large, simple to complex.
* Multi-channel distribution and functionality, enabling direct access to the Internet, multi-media, travel agents and call centres.
* New click and book technology makes vacations/multi-component leisure trips easily bookable online.
* Unique rules based application delivers sophisticated content and inventory management, tailored to business requirements.
* Consultative services that deliver tangible business benefit through efficient implementation of technology into the leisure travel industry.
* Fully hosted solution requires no upfront investment in technology.
* Flexible transaction-based pricing enables the solution to grow in line with a customer and enhances revenue management/forecasting capabilities.
* Worldwide organisation, delivering global solutions specifically designed for the leisure travel industry - including multi-currency, multi-lingual and multi-location capabilities.
In conjunction with the UK launch, Atinera has announced its first major European customer, Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS). SAS, the principal airline and travel provider in Scandinavia, will use the Atinera solution to create and deliver reservation, inventory and distribution processes for Fly and Stay, part of its Pleasure brand. SAS anticipates that Atinera`s solution will support its new Fly and Stay programme in extending its reputation of delivering a premium level service to its Pleasure Brand customers and growing customer demand on an efficient cost base. SAS stated in evaluating the Atinera`s technology that it was the best solution currently available in the market able to manage leisure travel information dynamically, facilitating all conventional distribution channels whilst at the same time, enabling the distribution of the holiday product directly through the Internet, GDS or agent.