Hundreds gathered for a glittering event held at the world-renowned Plaza Hotel in New York City for the prestigious 10th Annual World Travel Awards Ceremony.
During an evening full of surprises, comedy and entertainment, the audience enjoyed an exquisite gala dinner, with lively performances from compere, actor and comic, Louise Pitre and Sam Moore & the John O Hurley, to name but a few. Guests danced until dawn.
Industry giants gathering to celebrate the success of being the very best were joined by Mayor Bloomberg, “Butch Stewart”, Chairman of Sandals Resorts International and Barbados Minister for Tourism, Hon Noel Lynch. And many hundreds of thousands worldwide watched the ceremony on the exclusive webcast.
The online voting system at www.worldtravelawards.com has once again enabled 160 000 travel agencies worldwide the opportunity to let the world know who they think are the WORLD’S BEST in the Travel Industry, further enhancing the value of the World Travel Awards as the professional’s choice.
There were numerous awards presented and winners of these accolades included the following Spa Resorts, which are as follows:
* Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort - World`s Leading Spa Resort
* Forte Village, Sardinia - Europe`s Leading Spa Resort
* The Residence, Tunis - Africa`s Leading Spa Resort
* Amanpuri, Phuket - Asia’s Leading Spa Resort
* Palazzo Versace, Gold Coast Australia - Australasia Leading Spa Resort
* The BodyHoliday at LeSPORT, St. Lucia - Caribbean’s Leading Spa Resort
* Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, Cabo - Central & Latin America’s Leading Spa Resort
* Soneva Fushi Resort & Spa, Maldives - Indian Ocean’s Leading Spa Resort
* Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai - Middle East’s Leading Spa Resort
* Four Seasons Resort, Hualalai - North America’s Leading Spa Resort
* Four Seasons Resort Carmelo, Uruguay - South America’s Leading Spa Resort
(For a complete list of winners, see WTA website)
Host of this year event, Mayor Bloomberg commented, “We’re delighted to host this prestigious ceremony. I congratulate all of tonight’s winners for their tremendous efforts on behalf of travel and tourism.” The Mayor pointed out the vital role that tourism plays in New York City and cities around the world and stressed that “it is important that we recognize the very best the industry has to offer.”
The World Travel Awards was conceived in 1993 to acknowledge and celebrate excellence in the world’s travel and tourism industry. Now in its ninth year, travel professionals and discerning travellers have come to regard the World Travel Awards as the very best endorsement that a travel product could hope to receive.
The World Travel Awards is highly regarded and established as a forum that brings together all areas of travel and tourism in recognition of achievements. The event also provides formal and informal networking opportunities for leading decision makers and business professionals in the travel industry.