Omni Hotels has launched its “Ideal Room With a View” contest in conjunction with the unveiling of the company`s newly upgraded Web site.
The contest, which begins on the 23rd July and ends on the 19th August, will challenge entrants to identify Omni Hotels properties by the view from a guest room featured in a photo posted on the Web site each week throughout the course of the contest. To help them along, several clues related to the hotel`s history, features and location will accompany each photo, so consumers who happen to know what property is the oldest continuously operating hotel in the United States, or where Rodgers and Hammerstein wrote the score to “Oklahoma!” could be at a slight advantage.
Three winners each week will win a two-night weekend stay and breakfast for two at any Omni Hotels property, and all weekly entries will be entered into a grand prize drawing. The grand prize winner will have the opportunity to experience an ideal view in person—with a three-night weekend stay for two at any participating Omni Hotels property, round-trip airfare for two and an ultimate sleeping package that includes two plush bathrobes, two luxury down pillows and a Sony Dream Machine.
With the launch of the “Ideal Room With a View” contest, Omni Hotels is celebrating the latest phase of its Web site upgrades, which includes expanded functionality to ease navigation throughout the site, faster page download speeds and other features to provide users with a better travel-planning tool. One such feature is an express check-in function that automatically checks guests in to Omni Hotels properties when they make their reservations online and input their estimated time of arrival. Upon arrival, guests that have utilized this feature can bypass the traditional registration process and instantly receive their room key at the front desk.
The upgraded Omni Hotels Web site is the result of extensive research into the needs of online travel customers. Omni Hotels conducted usability studies among its business and leisure travelers, as well as meeting planners, to develop the expanded features and refine existing functions. Other new, key upgrades to the Web site include:
* Virtual Concierge, city guides provided by 10 Best, Inc., which offer destination facts and information on restaurants and entertainment in each city, including driving directions and maps
* A quick-reservation feature providing a direct link at the bottom of each screen to the reservation page of the hotel of choice
* Instant recall of user`s travel profile upon returning to the Web site to book a reservation, including basic travel preferences
* Expanded hotel content
* Fact sheets that contain printable PDF files of floor plans, meeting specifications and general hotel information designed for meeting planners
* Interactive kids area full of fun and games for young travelers The “Ideal Room With a View” contest is open to U.S. residents 18 years and older.