Marriott International, Inc.
announced that it set a single-day company record in bookings on its web site Marriott.com, generating more than 10,000 reservations.
Ranked as one of the industry`s best lodging web sites, Marriott.com enables customers to easily make reservations at any of the company`s 2,300 hotels worldwide.
``Marriott.com is my favorite site for travel planning and making hotel reservations because it`s fast and provides information about local activities, events and restaurants,`` said Ken Leebow, a.k.a. ``Mr. Internet`` and the author of 300 Incredible Things for Travel on the Internet.
Marriott.com features include:
* Vacation Planner - Provides vacation ideas by activity and location.
* Destination Information - Provides information on recreation, events and site seeing.
* Driving Directions - Maps and driving instructions are provided for all Marriott`s hotels.
* Route Planner - Identifies hotels along your travel route.
* Golf Site - Details golf vacations worldwide and resorts offering golf lessons.
* Resort Finder - Highlights over 75 resorts.
* High Speed Internet Location Finder - Lists hotels that offer high speed Internet access.
* Marriott Rewards Award Redemption - Offers online redemption for free hotel rooms.
Best In Customer Satisfaction - The Wall Street Journal reported on May 21, that Marriott International received the highest score in The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), a customer survey conducted by the University of Michigan Business School.