Northwest Airlines and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines announced today that travel managers of its corporate customers will now be able to access nwa.com features and functionality directly from their companys intranet web site.
These features include nwa.com check-in, flight and gate status, wireless services, WorldPerks enrollment and mileage balance.
These are features our corporate customers want, said Fay Beauchine, Northwests vice president-passenger sales and customer relations. Northwest wants to make it easier for businesses to book and manage their corporate travel.
Corporate customers can visit www.corporate.nwa.com to download links to the following Northwest/KLM features:
* Flight & Gate Status: Provides current arrival/departure time and gate information on any Northwest Airlines or Northwest-designated affiliate partners flight.
* nwa.com Check-In: Allows customers to check in online, print their boarding pass from their home or office, and head straight to the gate when they get to the airport. Northwest Airlines E-Service Centers, located in more than 40 airports across the U.S., offer another self-service check-in option.
* Wireless Services: Provides a customized web site for handheld computers and wireless browsers.
* WorldPerks Enrollment: Allows customers to enroll in our award-winning frequent flyer program online and start earning miles immediately.
* WorldPerks Program Information: Provides access to the WorldPerks Members Guide, account history and mileage balance, or reservations for free flights using WorldPerks miles.
* WorldPerks Elite Program Information: Provides the latest Elite member events; Elite Personal PrivilegesSM and a place to register to receive upgrade notifications.
This provides a companys employees the access to Northwest Airlines full menu of business travel services, without leaving their own intranet web site, said Al Lenza, Northwests vice president-distribution and e-commerce.
In addition to this new corporate travel link, corporations and corporate travel managers can also view Northwest press releases, access Northwest Airlines travel planning information, and enroll in EMAIL Extra. EMAIL Extra is Northwests industry-leading electronic news program, which brings the latest information directly to the desktop of corporate travel managers, without any delays.