IHG has extended eight franchise agreements through December 2015, with longtime franchisee Talbot S.A., a Chilean-based hotel operator. The contracts include eight IHG properties that are all owned by Talbot S.A., under a license agreement with a company in the InterContinental Hotels Group. The properties from both the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express brands, include one hotel located in Argentina and seven in Chile, which are:
* The 14-floor Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero located in Buenos Aires, Argentina, just 2 blocks from the Puerto Madero shopping and commercial area;
* The 114-guestroom Holiday Inn Santiago-Airport at the Aeropuerto Internacional de Santiago, which opened in 2007;
* The 82-guestroom Holiday Inn Express Iquique, located adjacent to Playa Brava Beach;
* The award winning, 120-guestroom Holiday Inn Express Concepción;
* The 12-story, sea-front Holiday Inn Express Antofagasta;
* The 105-guestroom Holiday Inn Express Puerto Montt, which enjoys beautiful ocean views and which is located in downtown Puerto Montt;
* The newly awarded Holiday Inn Express Santiago, located in the heart of Santiago’s “El Golf Area”;
* The 62-guestroom Holiday Inn Express Hotel Temuco located less than two hours from the lake zone of Southern Chile;
“This is another great milestone for our international hotel company,” said Alvaro Diago, area president, Latin America, IHG. “We have always valued our relationship with Talbot, and we look forward to continue expanding our partnership and opening more hotels with them in the years to come.”
“We are delighted to renew our contract for another 6 years, as IHG is one of the world’s most global hotel companies and all their brands resonate excellence, quality and solid service standards,” said Eduardo Ariztia, managing director, Talbot S.A., Chile. “We have been extremely pleased over the years with the performance of all our IHG brand hotels, and we look forward to continue growing our business on that foundation with IHG.”
In 2007 IHG announced a $1 billion relaunch of the Holiday Inn brand family, which is currently underway and expected to be complete by the end of 2010. The Relaunch will ensure consistency, an increased level of quality and service, and a new, more contemporary brand identity at all Holiday Inn hotels around the world.
Holiday Inn® Hotels and Resorts offers today’s business and leisure travellers dependability, friendly service and modern attractive facilities at excellent value. You’ll find them throughout the world - in small towns and major cities, along quiet roadways and near bustling airports - because full-service Holiday Inn hotels are always conveniently located. Since 1952 Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts have provided the services business travellers need, while also offering leisure travellers a comfortable, casual atmosphere where they can relax and enjoy amenities such as restaurants, room service, swimming pools, fitness centres and comfortable lounges.
One of the fastest growing hotel brands in its segment, The Holiday Inn Express® offers a fresh, clean, uncomplicated hotel choice at a good value. The brand also offers competitive rates for both business and leisure travellers. All hotels feature complimentary breakfast, comfortable rooms, a signature shower experience and free high speed internet.
IHG has more than 170 hotels in Mexico, Central and South America and the Caribbean, and has been serving Latin America for over 60 years. IHG is the world’s largest hotel group by number of rooms, and has hotels situated in nearly every key market throughout the Latin America territory.