Delta Air Lines today reported financial results for the March
• Delta’s net loss for the March 2009 quarter was $693 million, excluding the special items
described below1, or $0.84 per diluted share.
• Excluding $684 million in realized fuel hedge losses and special items, Delta’s results were
• Delta’s reported net loss for the March 2009 quarter was $794 million, or $0.96 per diluted
• In the March 2009 quarter, Delta realized approximately $100 million in synergy benefits
from its merger with Northwest Airlines.
• Delta generated approximately $600 million in operating cash flow and ended the quarter
with $5 billion in unrestricted liquidity, which was unchanged from the balance at Dec. 31,
“Despite the worst economic recession in our lifetime, the fundamental strength of Delta’s business
allowed us to deliver breakeven results this quarter, excluding fuel hedge losses and special items. These
results would not be possible without the hard work of all Delta employees - they are running a great
airline while executing a seamless integration in the midst of this very difficult economic environment.,”
said Richard Anderson, Delta’s chief executive officer. “We remain focused on making disciplined
decisions about capacity, costs and capital, achieving merger synergies and finding new sources of
For complete report please click here