A new site has been launched to assist hotel owners and operators in making their properties more environmentally friendly. The mission of EcoGreenHotel.com is to help reduce the ecological footprint of the hotel industry by supporting hospitality sustainability.EcoGreenHotel.com focuses on the Four Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Renewable. Dedicated to helping hotels address environmental issues and implement environmentally friendly initiatives, this site will be a valuable resource for hoteliers. The site offers a marketplace with information ranging from green products and services to a basic environmental overview and industry ‘green’ news. Other features include tools and checklists, green project ideas, a book list and resource links to create a more sustainable hotel.
EcoGreenHotel.com will also provide ‘Green’ Consulting Services to include:
* Audit of hotel building design and operations
* Provide a recommendations report on building and operations
* Lay ground work for an environmental management system
* Educate and train management for new environmental direction
* Conduct on-site environmental workshops for all levels of staff
* Develop a customized environmental policy and purchasing plan
* Assist with certification processing, including LEED?
The hospitality industry, as a whole, consumes a vast amount of resources, every day. Given the current and ever-rising fuel prices, hotel energy expenditures have been heavily impacted. Over the last 10 years, the energy cost for a typical hotel has increased from 10% to 25%.