Airbus to open manufacturing centre in China

18th Jul 2008

Airbus China and Harbin Aircraft Industry Group (HAIG) have entered into a framework contract for a Joint Venture Manufacturing Centre in Harbin, China to produce aircraft composite material parts and components.The contract was signed by Laurence Barron, President of Airbus China, and Pang Jian, Chairman of the Board of Directors of HAIG, a company under China Aviation Industry Corporation II (AVIC II), at the Farnborough International Airshow.

The manufacturing centre, which will be set up in early 2009, will be an equity joint venture enterprise, with HAIG holding an 80% stake and Airbus China owning the remaining 20%.

According to the contract, the manufacturing centre will manufacture composite materials parts and components for the Airbus A320 Family and participate in the industrialisation and serial production of Airbus A350 XWB work-packages.

On 26th November 2007, Airbus signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Development and Reform Commission of China to formalise the commitment of allocating 5% of the A350 XWB airframe to the Chinese aviation industry.


Recommended for you

Follow Breaking Travel News

Travel Events Calendar

Media Partnerships

Global Restaurant Investment ForumThe Hospitality & Tourism SummitCATHIC
ITB AsiaChina Outbound Travel & Tourism MarketThe Travel Marketing Store
Serviced Apartment SummitWorld Travel MarketIMEX
AHICWTTCRoutes Online
UBM Aviation