Hyatt Place has announced that guests at all its hotels will be able to connect their portable media devices into the 42-inch HDTV by year-end, thanks to the Hyatt Plug Panel, a cutting-edge in-room media connectivity device. To connect these personal devices, including laptop computers, MP3 players and DVD players, guests follow simple directions found on the Hyatt Plug Panel itself to connect the devices directly into the 42-inch flat panel, high-definition guestroom television. If guests forget to pack connection cords, they can purchase cords from the Hyatt Place Gallery Host.
For easy access to the HDTV, the Hyatt Plug Panel is built into the guestroom media center and offers:
* A/V inputs for standard and high-def portable media devices
* Input selection buttons, making it easy for guests to connect their device directly to the television
* AC outlets positioned to allow for simultaneous use of two standard sized AC adapters
Guests can also find an online tutorial at www.HyattPlace.com/plugpanel.
“Our guests rely heavily on technology in their everyday lives and the Hyatt Plug Panel allows them to function in our hotels the same way they might at home or in the office,” said Alison Kal, vice president, marketing, Hyatt Corporation. “This device lets our guests achieve maximum productivity and enjoyment, whether it’s listening to an iPod while responding to emails, reviewing a presentation on the 42-inch HDTV or relaxing by watching a favorite movie from a portable DVD player.”
In addition to the Hyatt Plug Panel, guests can also take advantage of Hyatt Place’s forward-thinking technology found throughout the hotel, including:
* Self-service check-in/out kiosk
* Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
* A touch-screen menu in the 24-hour Guest Kitchen
* An e-room with Internet-accessible computers and a printer, free of charge
* The ability to print directly to a printer in the e-room from any computer connected to the hotel’s Wi-Fi
* The hospitality industry’s first location-based webpage using iGoogle