The City of Kyoto has launched an English-language website in cooperation with the Kyoto City
Tourist Association and tourism industry partners to attract more tourists
The site (http://www.Kyoto.Travel), dubbed the Kyoto Official Travel Guide,
concisely outlines a variety of main tourist attractions in the city. It is
the first official tourist site in Japan with links to direct reservation
systems for accommodation and airline tickets.
The site contains useful
tips on transport and accommodation, suggested one-day travel itineraries,
The site features include:
- easy-to-read English-language information on tourist attractions in
- availability of direct booking systems for accommodation & air tickets;
- top-page listing of a selection of 100 things to see and do, including
popular cultural activities;
- useful information on transportation, accommodation, one-day travel
itinerary ideas, etc.
- the latest information sent through an “RSS” function.