Air China has been honoured at the 2006 World Executive Summit in Hong Kong with the “Chinese Brand Annual Award” in the Aviation category.Winning the prestigious award symbolizes Air China’s achieving its goal to be the #1 Chinese aviation brand, both in China and as the airline pushes forward in the global marketplace.
“Air China is working hard to build a world-class brand image,” said Mr. Li Hu-xiao, Vice President of Air China. “We are combining our high quality service offering, our global communications, and advanced brand theory and metrics to ensure that our customers receive - and recognize - the value of the Air China experience,” Mr. Li added.
Air China has achieved a number of successes in 2006. After earning RMB 2.4 billion profit in both 2004 and 2005, Air China increased its profit to RMB 3.3 billion in the first nine months alone of 2006. Other 2006 awards were numerous:
- In November Air China won “The Best Airline of The Year” issued by the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation at the Aviation Outlook Summit in Singapore.
- In October Air China won “The Best Airline in China” award from the world-renown tourism media TTG.
- In July Air China was named in the list of “Top 10 Chinese Business Brand 2006,” published by the World Executive Network.
- In June Air China was ranked 32nd in the list of “Top 500 Most Valuable Chinese Brands,” published by The World Brand Lab, valued at RMB 18.9 billion. The airline rose from 35th in 2005, gaining RMB 1.6 billion in computed brand value.
- In November Air China won for the second year “Best Chinese Airline,” issued by Business Traveler China.
- On December 1st Air China won the “Best Information Disclosure Award of China Listed Companies,” as voted by the Shanghai Stock Exchange.