Marcus Hotels and Resorts is opening of The Platinum Hotel and Spa, a luxury condominium hotel in Las Vegas. The Platinum features a vast array of amenities for guests including spacious, deluxe one- and two-bedroom suites, casually elegant dining at The Restaurant at Platinum, the dynamic STIR cafe and lounge and the intimate WELL Spa. The Platinum is only the second condominium hotel to open in Las Vegas.
The company also announced that it has acquired the ownership interest of a joint-venture partner, increasing its ownership of the property’s public space to 90%. Marcus Hotels and Resorts also manages the property. The additional ownership was purchased from entities affiliated with developer Michael S. Peterson. The remaining 10% ownership of the public space is held by another joint-venture partner. The condominium units will all be owned by individual owners who have the option to place their suites into a unit rental program to generate income. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“We have created a terrific hotel experience that enables our guests to work when they need to and play when they want to,” said Peter Rockwood, vice president and general manager of The Platinum. “As a nongaming, nonsmoking and full-service property, there is truly nothing else like our hotel in the city. We are excited to demonstrate what makes The Platinum special and such a wonderful alternative for Las Vegas business and vacation travelers.”
While at the hotel, guests will be able to enjoy a wide variety of luxurious amenities. All 255 suites are furnished with living rooms, fully-stocked kitchens and private terraces. Rooms include 42-inch wall-mounted plasma HDTVs, electric fireplaces, Bose radios and whirlpool baths. Many suites are also equipped with washers and dryers. Business travelers have access to flexible and functional event and strategy rooms, a 24-hour business center, high-speed Internet access, a complimentary health and fitness studio and Wi-Fi capabilities throughout the property. The hotel is also offering introductory rates of only $129 a night for one-bedroom suites, good through December 22nd, based on availability. Nevada residents who visit the hotel during this time will also be entitled to a 25% discount on food and beverage, as well as spa treatments.
The Restaurant at Platinum, with Executive Chef Brenton Hammer at the helm, is a truly unique dining experience. Hammer’s edgy American cuisine offers diners a mix of the anticipated and unexpected, with classic dishes presented in new and unusual ways. For dinner, guests have the option of enjoying a full entree or sampling various dishes by ordering micro-plates, which feature the entrees on a smaller scale. The restaurant’s wine list is as adventurous as the cuisine, with a pedigreed list that draws from all over the world.
In addition to The Restaurant at Platinum, the hotel also affords guests the option of enjoying STIR, a cafe/lounge on the lobby level that flows throughout the day around the concept of “Caffeine, Conversation and Cocktails.” Casual but still elegant, the cafe offers a European continental breakfast, pastries, espresso, and cappuccinos in the mornings, and in the evenings, with a change in lighting, atmosphere and sound, the room turns into a sophisticated lounge with signature appetizers and classic cocktails.
Guests will also be able to relax in one of the two pools on property, make use of the on-site fitness studio or indulge with any number of special treatments at The WELL Spa. An oasis of calm, The WELL is an intimate comfort zone featuring six treatment rooms, as well as men’s and women’s steam rooms, in a luxurious environment dedicated to relaxing and renewing the mind, body and spirit.
No stay at The Platinum would be complete without a visit to the hotel’s crown jewel, Misora, the 17th-floor rooftop terrace which offers guests views of the dazzling city and the dramatic desert sunsets—complete with telescopes for guests who want to train their eyes on the sky or the city around them. The indoor/outdoor space is also the perfect location for private events, weddings and more.
A mere 1 1/2 blocks from Bellagio, Caesars Palace, Paris and a multitude of attractions and shows, guests can simply walk out The Platinum’s front doors and be anywhere on the Strip in a matter of minutes.
Additionally, the hotel is just 10 minutes from McCarran International Airport. For those who love coming to Las Vegas, but desire a change of pace and a small fashionable hotel to retreat to at the end of busy days and exciting nights, The Platinum is a welcome addition to this ever-growing, dynamic city.