A getaway to the Cayman Islands is a sure-fire solution to your stressful life, but you don’t have to spend your entire vacation on the beach. Here are the top five activities that have made the Cayman Islands famous with CheapCaribbean.com’s many loyal travelers who love a bit of adventure mixed in with their carefree vacation. Make sure you schedule some time to try them.
- Explore an underwater marine playground. You will enjoy breathtaking underwater vistas and entertaining narration when you take a submarine ride on Atlantis Adventures’ Atlantis XI. Helmed by a highly skilled pilot, this once-in-a-lifetime adventure ride allows you to see the Cayman Islands’ colorful snappers, groupers, stingrays and turtles only feet from your view- port.
- Dive into crystal-clear waters. The Cayman Islands’ warm water and incredible visibility make them the ideal location for scuba enthusiasts. Whether you’re a novice or an expert, the islands’ gorgeous corals and sponges, along with eagle rays, turtles, nurse sharks and tropical fish, are guaranteed to dazzle.
- Catch the “big one.” You’ll find as many big fish in the waters around the Cayman Islands as you will anywhere else. From marlin to tuna, easy access to big fish has made fishing a staple of life in the Caymans for generations - and there are tons of operators who want to help you join in on the fun.
- Reach out and touch some turtles. The Cayman Islands Turtle Farm is the only commercial sea turtle farm that houses thousands of turtles, as well as crocodiles, agoutis, iguanas and other native flora and fauna. The best souvenir of your adventure is free: Just snap a family photo with a smaller turtle to remember your day.
- Stroll along 7-Mile Beach. You haven’t experienced the Cayman Islands until you take a walk along the famous 7-Mile Beach, where pure white sand meets calm, clear turquoise water. Along your stroll, you can lounge on the beach, snorkel along a protective reef or stop for some shopping.
You can find detailed information about all the activities the Cayman Islands offer at the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism ( http://www.caymanislands.ky ).
Want more ideas about the best ways to spend your Cayman Islands vacation? Check out thousands of traveler reviews and recommendations at http://www.cheapcaribbean.com or read travel expert Jim Hobbs’ first-hand experience and insights at http://cheapcaribbean.blogspot.com .