Galileo International has compiled a list of top ten shopping destinations for all those who want to escape the football frenzy this summer. Girls can swap Lampard for Lisbon, Beckham for Brussels and Sven for St.Tropez and enjoy some retail therapy in style.
1. NEW YORK - the ultimate shopping destination, the Big Apple offers something for everyone with its upscale Madison Avenue or the Lower East Side - a must for the bargain hunter.
2. DUBAI - a duty free paradise, with designer labels bursting out all over the city. Dubai caters for every consumer need and effortlessly mixes western and eastern culture to offer a truly global shopping experience.
3. PARIS - it may be the city of romance but while the men are busy discussing Beckham’s shots, girls can take advantage of this cosmopolitan city. Paris oozes style with its specialist boutiques, department stores and rustic French markets.
4. MILAN - for glitz and glamour you cannot beat Milano! Italy’s second city is sophisticated and elegant and a shopper’s must visit destination.
5. ST TROPEZ - the definitive in designer names, St Tropez offers a truly stylish shopping experience with Hermes and Dior among the town’s most popular labels.
6. DUBLIN - the capital of Ireland is a cosmopolitan city, with its bustling main shopping street, laden with high street names and designer stores. Dublin is also home to the famous Brown Thomas department store.
7. MADRID - Shopping in the Spanish capital is just what you would expect from a sophisticated European capital - plentiful, entertaining and varied. The vibrant city is jammed with designer stores and high end boutiques.
8. LISBON - The capital of Portugal offers a haven of designer names and downtown shopping centres with the elegant Vasco da Gama shopping centre - the jewel in Lisbon’s crown
9. FLORENCE - Retail therapy is readily available on a Florence short break. With Gucci, Armani and Prada aplenty, the city is a must for the designer shopper.
10. BRUSSELS - Not only does the city offer varied shopping opportunities but it is also the undisputed home of chocolate - mini break heaven!
Galileo Leisure is the recently launched ultimate “one-stop shop” for travel agents. The portal allows agents to boost their commission by offering customers additional, value-added services such as transfers, hotels and sightseeing tours.
“We felt it was important to give our travel agents alternatives to the World Cup,” said Patrick Lukan, Country Manager, Galileo UK. “It is crucial for agents to cater for all their customers needs and with our top ten shopping destinations we are offering a real opportunity for our travel agents to provide their travellers with valuable, different and exciting choices.”
Since its launch in November 2005 Galileo Leisure has been embraced by more than 5000 travel agents across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.