In a recent global syndicated study among nearly 10,000 individuals, Hilton HHonors is rated the “most preferred” hotel Frequent Guest Program in the world. A total of 17 percent of all global travelers indicate this to be their preferred FGP program.
The study, Hotel SCORES(TM), was recently conducted by Phoenix Marketing International.
Travelers were interviewed in seven countries ... the United States, France, Germany, The United Kingdom, Australia, The People’s Republic of China, and Japan.
In order to be included in this study, respondents must have spent at least one night in paid accommodations in 2005 and been an active member in at least one hotel Frequent Guest Program.
On a global basis, travelers stated that they are members of 2.8 Frequent Guest Programs and are active in 1.9 programs. The typical respondent spends an average of 32.7 nights in hotels in a year.
While Hilton HHonors is the “most preferred” program across the globe, there are significant differences by geographic region ...
* In the United States, Hilton HHonors and Marriott Rewards are equally
preferred (25% respectively).
In Europe ...
* Germany has two co-leaders ... Hilton HHonors and Best Western Gold
Crown (18% each);
* In the United Kingdom, Priority Club Rewards is the most preferred
Program (38%); and
* The Accor Mouvango program is the most preferred Frequent Guest Program
in France (56%).
In the Asia-Pacific region ...
* Priority Club Rewards and Best Western Gold Crown are the most preferred
Programs in Australia 20% each);
* Hilton HHonors is preferred in China (16%);
* And in Japan, ANA Hotel Members is the “most preferred” Frequent Guest
According to Greg Diaz, Vice President, Phoenix Travel, Leisure & Entertainment Group, “It is interesting to note that while hotel distribution, quality service and quality of the product have an impact on Frequent Guest Program preference, not to mention the Programs themselves, there is none-the- less an element of national pride in individual Programs. The French are extremely loyal to the Accor Mouvango program as well as Sofitel Privileges. The Japanese have a profound sense of loyalty to the ANA Hotel Members program.”