KLM has recently established KLM Club China, intended specifically for entrepreneurs active in the Chinese business market. The Club was announced in Chengdu on arrival of KLM’s first flight to this city in Southwest China. KLM Club China will first be introduced in the Netherlands. Other countries within and outside of Europe will then follow.
Speaking about KLM Club China, deputy CEO Peter Hartman said, “Along with other entrepreneurs, KLM sees China as one of the most important growth markets. We have noticed that the business community has a growing need for information, knowledge and a good network to support business operations. By establishing KLM Club China, we are offering a valuable platform and taking an important step towards stimulating and further strengthening economic ties with China.”
KLM Club China membership offers access to:
- an exclusive network of entrepreneurs;
- an Internet platform to establish / maintain relations with business contacts;
- valuable business & information services, offered by partners. For example, a special telephone line has been set up from which business contacts can obtain Chinese address details for translation agencies, legal bodies, hotels, conference locations, route descriptions, etc.;
- relevant and interesting commercial and network-oriented events in both China and the Netherlands. KLM Club China will regularly organize meetings where entrepreneurs from different companies doing business in China can meet one another;
- contacts within local and international policy-making bodies.