The Biltmore hotel in Florida has unveiled a new spa, high above the resort’s 150 acres of tropical gardens, fairways and lawns. The facility, part of the property’s recently completed $40 million enhancement program, has also won coveted membership in Leading Spas of the World, one of the few to meet the rigorous and innovative global certification standards for quality and integrity so quickly.
Leading Spas of the World, an extension of Leading Hotels of the World, of which the hotel is also a member, represents a benchmark of hospitality excellence throughout the world.
The Biltmore Spa is a place of extraordinary beauty and serenity. Beyond the Zen-inspired minimalist rock pools, water walls and orchids, across a graceful bamboo bridge, this is not simply a breathtakingly beautiful place. With elegant charm and a welcome lack of pretence or posturing, The Biltmore Spa takes its purpose - and the needs, expectations, even dreams of its guests - seriously.
Offering an impressive and eclectic mix of innovative wellness, fitness and beauty treatments that draw on health traditions from around the world, plus state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, The Biltmore Spa has a mission: To provide a memorable, rewarding experience through wellness, therapy, fitness and beauty treatments and services that will help guests move their lives forward in the direction they have always imagined for themselves. In the process, those guests also receive a level of luxurious pampering and attentive service that leaves them buoyant, inspired and thoroughly refreshed.
“People want to be cared for. Our goal is to help them achieve their own personal goals of wellness beyond just beautification,” says Slovenia-born Martina Perko, the spa’s talented director, who, before helping to create The Biltmore Spa, trained and worked at some of the world’s best-known spas, including Canyon Ranch, La Quinta and Rockresorts. “By providing a wide selection of therapies and treatments customized for each person and by working with The Biltmore’s outstanding fitness center, our magnificent swimming pool and the hotel’s superb chefs and restaurants, we aim to help guests refocus their lives, achieving long-term benefits.”
The elite facilities of The Biltmore Spa, located on the seventh floor of the hotel, with panoramic views from floor to ceiling windows, are impressive. These include:
* A lovely relaxation lounge where guests refresh and reflect on elegant, full-length chaise lounges, enjoying the hospitality of spa staff;
* Connecting specialty suites for couples, wedding parties or groups, with food and beverage service available;
* 12 treatment rooms, including wet rooms with hydrotherapy and Vichy showers
* Well-appointed men’s and women’s locker rooms, with steam and sauna and a signature line of Solarte of Provence amenities created exclusively for The Biltmore;
* A full beauty salon featuring state-of-the-art pedicure thrones and separate manicure areas;
* A spa boutique offering a carefully chosen collection of personal care products as well as gifts and accessories.
Throughout the spa, the earth tones of beige and green, the natural woods and the quiet murmur of falling water enhance an environment of calm and beauty.
Provided by a staff of 40, spa treatments, for individuals and couples, are extensive and often imaginative. They include:
* Massage therapies such as: Swedish, aromatherapy, deep tissue, reflexology, shiatsu, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, Laau Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, Thai and hot stone massage;
* Signature Chardonnay treatments, based on the natural antioxidants found in the Chardonnay grape seed, including: Chardonnay massage, LeVin Chardonnay scrub,
Chardonnay ritual featuring a wine therapy bubble bath and Chardonnay pedicure;
* Facials, such as: European deep cleansing, micro-dermabrasion, Vitamin C, gentlemen’s facial, anti-aging, enzyme facial and the signature caviar facial;
* Body treatments: citrus, eucalyptus and exotic scrubs;
* Body wraps, including Moor mud wrap and spirulina wrap;
* Terme Spa baths, such as: Moisturizing aqua latte bubble bath, Eucalyptus, aromatherapy and others;
* Lifestyle kurs, including the aromatherapy kur, a gentlemen’s kur, thalasso kur and thermal mineral kur;
* Signature rituals, including the Hawaiian LuLur Ritual and the Ylang Ylang Ritual
In addition, select treatments are available in The Biltmore’s newly refurbished, private poolside cabanas.
The Biltmore’s famous pool itself is the setting for a variety of exercise programs offered to spa guests by the staff of the hotel’s award-winning Fitness Center. The aqua programs in the pool include circuit training, a high intensity program of laps, kicks and other activities; H20 Power Hour, a Wet Workout, Hydro Pilates and Aqua Pi Yo Chi, combining the techniques of Pilates, yoga and Ayi Chi.
The Fitness Center, which is located adjacent to the swimming pool and has been named by Men’s Health and Men’s Fitness as one of the best hotel programs in the country, offers an exceptional range of activities, classes and programs that can be integrated into personalized spa therapies. In addition to the aqua programs, these include kick boxing, several forms of yoga, Pilates, karate, dance, even belly dancing.
As a further enticement, The Biltmore Spa also offers a variety of spa packages designed to conveniently provide a selection of treatments to men and women, brides and other guests celebrating a special occasion. Current packages include the Biltmore Spa Splendor which includes a spa level junior suite, welcome amenity and $250 spa credit and is priced from $165 per person, May 1 - Sept.30. The Biltmore Swing and Spa package include junior suite accommodations, welcome spa and golf amenity, $500 spa and golf credit, room tax and resort fee and is priced from $275 per person, May 30 - Sept. 30. In addition to the pre-designed packages, the professional staff at the spa can put together a spa program on any length based on guests’ individual needs and wishes.