In just three weeks time the International SPA Association will hold its Annual Conference & Expo in Dallas, Texas. Set for Oct. 13-16, the 13th annual event is the spa industry`s proven resource for education and networking.
“Each year, ISPA offers comprehensive education and superior networking that speaks to spa industry professionals worldwide,” said ISPA Executive Director Lynne Walker McNees. “The 2003 Conference & Expo will offer attendees a broad range of knowledge from leaders in the spa industry, as well as complementary fields.”
The 2003 event follows a successful Conference in Anaheim, California, that was attended by nearly 2,300 spa professionals from 33 countries. Conference evaluations proved that ISPA definitely attracts the decision-makers; the majority of last year`s attendees were spa directors, followed closely by CEOs and owners.
Here`s a look at what`s new for the 2003 ISPA Annual Conference & Expo:
* The release of ISPA`s highly anticipated research on spa-goers. With 155 million visits to U.S. spas annually, this information is critical to the continued success of spa professionals.
* The Conference date has been shifted forward one day to save attendees money. The Wyndham Anatole, this year`s host hotel, is a feast for all the senses. The hotel even includes one of the nation`s most extensive private art collections.
* Dr. Kenneth Cooper, founder of the world-renowned Cooper Aerobics Center in Dallas and an internationally recognized author, will speak at Conference on Monday, Oct. 13. As the author of nine best-selling books, Cooper will incorporate lessons from his extensive background to provide a look at the future of health and wellness.
* The Body Shop founder Anita Roddick will be the keynote speaker on Thursday, Oct. 16. Since opening her business in 1976, Roddick has focused her efforts on being environmentally safe, which is a topic that is very close to the spa industry.
* The ISPA Conference continues to be the spa industry`s proven resource for education. Several educational sessions will include speakers from outside the industry that will help attendees plan strategies for such key areas as marketing, management and media relations.
* The ISPA Expo is the proven resource for the newest products and trends in the spa industry - expect to see the largest trade show floor to date in 2003. Also, ISPA has reconfigured the ISPA Expo to ensure the majority of educational sessions do not overlap with the times of the trade show.
* The Conference Web site, www.ispaconference.com, features the most up-to-date information on the Conference. This is also the simplest way to register for this year`s event.
For more than 12 years, ISPA has been recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization for the spa industry. ISPA`s membership is comprised of more than 2,000 health and wellness facilities and providers from 59 countries. Since 1991, ISPA has been committed to forming and maintaining alliances that will educate, set standards, provide resources and build coalitions for the industry.