TravelCLICK Stats

19th Apr 2001

Chicago-based TravelCLICK, the leader in data on electronic distribution channels for the travel industry has released revealing statistics behind the 11.8% growth in hotel bookings received through the GDS in 2000.
TravelCLICK`s unique Hotelligence database captures monthly detail on hotel bookings produced by the GDS, and includes both travel agent and internet-related bookings.
Travel agent bookings through GDS increased by a very significant 8.3% in 2000, illustrating continued strong growth in what is already the dominant electronic distribution channel for hotels.
Currently, 95% of GDS related hotel bookings are made by travel agents. The remaining 5% of electronic hotel bookings through the GDS engine are consumer Internet bookings made through Web sites of major online retail travel agencies, such as Travelocity, Expedia, and other travel related e-commerce sites.
TravelCLICK`s data indicates that more than 17% of consumer hotel bookings on the Internet were made via the GDS in 2000, up considerably from 11% in 1999. In fact, Internet hotel bookings on the GDS last year more than tripled, compared to their 1999 level.


Recommended for you

Follow Breaking Travel News

Travel Events Calendar

Media Partnerships

Global Restaurant Investment ForumThe Hospitality & Tourism SummitCATHIC
ITB AsiaChina Outbound Travel & Tourism MarketThe Travel Marketing Store
Serviced Apartment SummitWorld Travel MarketIMEX
AHICWTTCRoutes Online
UBM Aviation