2000 has been an award-laden year for Expedia.com.
Business publications such as Ziff Davis Smart Business and Mobile Computing & Communications, consumer publications such as Yahoo! Internet Life and Town and Country, industry experts such as Gomez, and consumers voting for PC Magazine`s Readers` Choice have all awarded Expedia.com their highest honour as the best travel site.
Recent recognition includes:
* Gomez awarded Expedia with its WebStar for its Fall 2000 Internet Travel Agent Scorecard, marking the fourth quarter in a row in which Gomez recognized Expedia as the top online travel agent site - “This site continues to evolve rapidly and refine its offerings, whether by expanding the number of flights returned from a search query, integrating a search field and a link to customer service in the global navigation scheme, providing specific flight details such as mileage, segment time and total time, or thorough wireless capabilities.”
* PC Magazine readers voted Expedia.com as their Readers` Choice in the Nov. 21, 2000 issue - “According to our readers, Expedia.com has got it right, receiving above -average scores in all but two major categories. In terms of overall satisfaction, overall price, and likelihood to recommend, Expedia.com edges out the popular Travelocity.com - and does a great deal better than the so-called discount sites.”
* Mobile Computing & Communications highlighted Expedia.com as the Best Mobile Web Site of 2000 in the Jan. 2001 issue - “Plan your next business trip with the click of a mouse. No more phone calls to travel agents to book flights and hotels. Simply log onto Expedia.com and perform an Express Search with flight, hotel and car options.”
* Ziff Davis Smart Business for the New Economy named Expedia.com MVP for online travel in the Jan. 2001 issue - “Expedia`s flight search engine is simple and powerful, allowing you to easily query by departure time or by price. Book your tickets online, or call a travel agent 24/7 to close the deal. With Expedia To Go you can check your itinerary and flight status, or look up alternate flights, right on your wireless device.” Other awards that Expedia.com has received throughout the year include: - SATW, Lowell Thomas Competition - Gold Award/Best Internet Publication, Spring 2000
* PC Magazine - Editors` Choice, July 2000
* PC World - World Class Award and Best Travel Site, July 2000
* Yahoo! Internet Life - Best Overall Travel Site, July 2000
* eTravelWorld - Best Online Travel Agency, Best Site to Book a Vacation, Best Site to Book a Hotel/Lodging, September 2000
- Best of the Web, Fall 2000
* National Geographic Traveler - Best Travel Site, November/December 2000
* Travel + Leisure - One of the Best Booking Engines for Airline Tickets, November 2000
Overall, Expedia was recognized for its breadth of services with key strengths in the overall customer experience, fare searching capabilities, customer service, and mobile services.