British man confirmed dead in Thai nightclub fire

22nd Aug 2012
British man confirmed dead in Thai nightclub fire

A British man has been confirmed among the four dead in a fire that broke out in a nightclub in Thailand last week.

The cause of the fire at The Tiger Disco in Phuket in the early hours of last Friday, has not yet been confirmed although it has been linked to lightning.

British tourist Mr Tzouvanni, 24, was a construction worker from Winchmore Hill in London and had been in Thailand for 10 days.

He had decided to extend his stay for four days and had called friends on the evening of the fire to say he was not able to escape, according to reports.

A French national and two Thai women were also killed in the blaze, while twenty people were injured.




Recommended for you

Follow Breaking Travel News

Travel Events Calendar

Media Partnerships

Global Restaurant Investment ForumThe Hospitality & Tourism SummitCATHIC
ITB AsiaChina Outbound Travel & Tourism MarketThe Travel Marketing Store
Serviced Apartment SummitWorld Travel MarketIMEX
AHICWTTCRoutes Online
UBM Aviation