Today, British Airways and Chase Card Services unveiled an enhanced rewards program for the British Airways Visa Signature® card. Cardmembers will earn more miles for every dollar they spend. The unrivalled benefits include a 25 percent increase in the number of BA miles earned and a companion redemption voucher for a trans-Atlantic flight, awarded to cardmembers who spend $30,000 per calendar year. In addition, new cardmembers will receive a bonus 100,000 BA Miles. This enhanced card proposition is managed by The Mileage Company, operators of British Airways BA Miles rewards, in partnership with Chase Card Services.
The new enhanced benefits of the British Airways Visa Signature® Card include:
* An improved earn rate of 1.25 BA miles for every $1 spent and 2.5 BA Miles for every $1 spent on British Airways travel and vacation packages, an increase of 25 percent from the previous offer.
* An industry-leading companion redemption voucher reward when cardmembers spend $30,000 a year. Cardmembers redeeming BA Miles for a British Airways flight in any cabin class will receive a flight for a companion in the same class. The companion redemption voucher is valid for two years.
* A bonus 100,000 BA Miles for existing US British Airways Executive Club members and new card holders approved for the card. Cardmembers receive 50,000 BA Miles after their first purchase, and they receive another 50,000 miles after they spend at least $2,000 in the first three months. The 100,000 BA Miles is equivalent to the redemption value of two round trip trans-Atlantic reward flights or four domestic round trip tickets.
* New cardholders automatically become a member of the British Airways Executive Club and can earn more BA Miles through partners such as Avis®, Marriott®, Hilton® and E-stores and by taking advantage of great offers from British Airways and oneworld® alliance partners such as AmericanAirlines®.
* For more information visit: ba.com/Redeemfor1Travelfor2.
* “In this challenging economic climate it is more essential than ever to reward loyal customers. Now, with the enhanced British Airways Visa Signature® Card, customers have the satisfaction of knowing that their every day spend is working much harder for them. In addition, customers get the opportunity to experience British Airways first-hand and travel further for less.” - Andrew Swaffield, Managing director of The Mileage Company, Operators of British Airways, BA Miles Rewards.
* “Our customers told us they want more value from their credit cards and we believe this offer provides tremendous rewards for the dollars our cardmembers already spend. The timing of these enhancements is optimal for holiday spending.” - Tony Glover, General Manager at Chase Card Services said.