American Airlines and fellow oneworld® alliance member Japan Airlines (JAL) currently offer convenient travel options to Japan from New York, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Beginning in spring 2012, service from Boston to Tokyo will also be available.
In addition, American Airlines is expanding the benefits of its agreement with JAL by offering customers opportunities to earn and redeem AAdvantage miles when flying on JAL from North America to Tokyo and beyond. (Details below).
To remind customers of how accessible Japan is and everything the country has to offer, American Airlines has teamed up with the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) to share travel tips and highlight deals for travelers visiting Japan this fall and winter.
Preparing for travel to Japan:
- Customers can visit AA.com/Tokyo to find dining, shopping, events and attractions information – courtesy of Frommer's Unlimited – or explore the new "Travel Tips" tab on American's Facebook page at Facebook.com/AA. JNTO's website, www.japantravelinfo.com, also has useful information and recommendations.
- On flights to Japan, American Airlines offers customers the option to request a traditional Japanese meal by calling 1-800-433-7300 24 hours in advance.
While in Japan
Travel Offers to Japan and Beyond
During the off-peak season between Oct. 1 and April 30, round-trip AAdvantage® MileSAAver® award tickets for travel in Economy Class on American Airlines between North America and Japan can be redeemed for as few as 50,000 miles. American Airlines Vacations(SM) also has several flight and hotel package deals available to destinations such as Tokyo and Osaka. Current offers require customers to book by Nov. 20 and travel by Dec. 11, 2011. Visit AAVacations.com/deals/Asia-Japan for full details. Terms and conditions apply.
AAdvantage promotions for travel on JAL are as follows:
- Earn double AAdvantage miles flying nonstop on JAL on purchased, published Business Class and selected Economy Class fares between Vancouver and Tokyo through Feb. 29, 2012. Register at AA.com/offers using bonus code JLYVR.
- Book a round-trip Business Class award for a reduced rate of 50,000 AAdvantage miles and a round-trip Economy class award for 30,000 AAdvantage miles for nonstop travel on JAL between Vancouver and Tokyo Narita through Feb. 29, 2012.
- Book a round-trip Business Class award for a reduced rate of 50,000 AAdvantage miles or a round-trip Economy class award for 30,000 AAdvantage miles for nonstop travel on JAL between San Francisco and Tokyo Haneda through Feb. 29, 2012.
- Earn double AAdvantage miles flying nonstop JAL routes between Tokyo and select destinations in Asia on purchased, published Business Class and selected Economy Class fares through Feb. 29, 2012. Register at AA.com/offers using bonus code JLSEA.
To find out all the latest news and information whilst in Tokyo. City.Mobi has launched its new guide to the city.
Tokyo.mobi is the latest in this illustrious line up, offering click to call functionality – which means no scribbling down telephone numbers.
City.Mobi offers the most comprehensive mobile travel guides available, with over 800 cities in 200 countries listed. Each is developed by the City.Mobi team to combine into a single global travel directory.
Most entries are also linked to websites where users can quickly access more detailed information if needed.
Other key features include information on accommodation, restaurants, attractions, entertainment, nightlife, shopping, and transport.
City.Mobi guides include user reviews and traveller utilities such as a translation guide, currency converter, news and local weather guide.