Royal Caribbean International’s Allure of the Seas, the world’s next largest and most innovative cruise ship debuting in December 2010, will introduce new culinary concepts and twists to signature Oasis-class restaurants.
A Brazilian steakhouse will be a destination restaurant that opens for dinner service in the Solarium, featuring authentic Brazilian-style meats and seafood dishes, served table-side and sliced straight off the skewer. In Central Park, recently appointed Chef de Cuisine Molly Brandt will present guests with distinct dining experience at Allure of the Seas’ 150 Central Park, a signature fine dining experience.
“As churrascaria concept restaurants gain popularity on land, Royal Caribbean International is taking advantage of having a new ship to introduce a Brazilian steakhouse and bring a new dynamic and colourful nightlife ambiance for adults in the Solarium,” says Lisa Bauer, senior vice president, Hotel Operations, Royal Caribbean International. “Guests onboard Allure of the Seas will have a new arrangement of dining experiences throughout the ship, from the Adagio Main Dining Room to new venues on the Boardwalk and Royal Promenade.”
Combining the best of classic Mexican beach bars and Southern California’s famed taquerias, Rita’s Cantina will be a vibrant new restaurant in the Boardwalk neighbourhood. Adults and kids alike will enjoy some of their favourite Mexican fare. The more casual setting will be a favourite lunch, snack or dinner spot for guests onboard Allure of the Seas. Rita’s Cantina also will boast some of the best and widest selection of margaritas at sea. In addition, the restaurant will introduce new nightlife to Boardwalk with live guitar music, drinks and dancing. Rita’s Cantina will be located in place of Seafood Shack onboard sister-ship Oasis of the Seas.
Also new to Boardwalk will be The Boardwalk Dog House, an outdoor hot-dog counter located where The Donut Shop is on Oasis of the Seas. The Donut Shop will remain on Boardwalk in a new location next to the Ice Cream Parlor.
Dining options onboard Allure of the Seas will include:
· Rita’s Cantina: A casual indoor/outdoor restaurant exclusively on Allure’s Boardwalk; traditional Mexican fare, a selection of margaritas and live guitar music and dancing for evening entertainment
· Boardwalk Bar: The main bar on the Boardwalk; offering fruit, salads and sandwiches
· Boardwalk Donut Shop: A classic haunt for casual snacks and delicious treats
· Ice Cream Parlor: A variety of ice cream flavours and toppings to enjoy against a backdrop of 1950s kitsch
· Johnny Rockets: A ‘50’s-style diner with server-entertainers
· 150 Central Park: A stylish, intimate restaurant with a tasting menu and customised wine pairings created by Molly Brandt, winner of the Allure of the Seas Culinary Challenge
· Giovanni’s Table: An Italian trattoria with both indoor and alfresco seating featuring Italian classics
· Park Café: An indoor/outdoor gourmet market featuring salads, sandwiches, soups, pastries and much more
· Vintages: A wine bar with pre-dinner tapas and cheeses along with a selection of fine wines
· Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean International’s signature steakhouse with views of Central Park, and premium cuts of quality meats
POOL AND SPORTS ZONE
· Exclusive to Allure of the Seas, the new churascarria, styled after popular Brazilian steakhouses, is an interactive experience where guests choose from a variety of meats, chicken and seafood, ready to slice and serve upon request
· Solarium Bistro: A health-conscious dining option for breakfast and lunch
· The Wipe Out Café: A casual self-service buffet with pizza, hamburgers, sandwiches and fresh salads
· Izumi Asian Cuisine: Featuring a sushi bar with hot-rock cooking
· Sorrento’s Pizzeria: Featuring New York style pizza, with both made-to-order pies and by the slice
· Café Promenade: Offering Seattle’s Best coffee, fruit smoothies, pastries and sandwiches all day
· The Cupcake Cupboard: Featuring fresh-baked cupcakes
VITALITY AT SEA SPA AND FITNESS CENTER
· The Vitality Café: Offering healthy snacks, sandwiches, wraps, fruit and smoothies
· Adagio Dining Room: The ship’s main restaurant features a three-tier venue with a 1920s Art Deco style; flexible My Time Dining and traditional assigned seatings, as well as the highly anticipated DreamWorks Character Breakfast
· Windjammer Marketplace: A casual buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner
· In-Stateroom Service: Order from the complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, or choose an original Johnny Rockets hamburger or Ghirardelli chocolate cookies from the new Dine In Delights menu
Royal Caribbean International’s Allure of the Seas will share the title of the world’s largest and most revolutionary cruise ship with sister-ship Oasis of the Seas. An architectural marvel at sea, she will span 16 decks, encompass 225,282 gross registered tons, carry 5,400 guests at double occupancy, and feature 2,700 staterooms. Allure of the Seas will showcase Royal Caribbean International’s exclusive neighbourhood concept of seven distinct themed areas, which will include Central Park, Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone. The ship will alternate a Western Caribbean with an Eastern Caribbean seven-night itinerary from her home port of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale (Florida). Additional information is available at www.AllureoftheSeas.com.