Leading international leisure car rental company, Alamo Rent a Car, is stepping up its presence in the Middle East with the opening of 4 new locations in the United Arab Emirates.
Reinforcing its commitment to the region, a dedicated website for Middle East customers has been created – www.alamo-me.com - and a stand alone Reservations Centre has been established. Plus the travel trade in UAE is being supported with full XML integration for streamlined booking by travel agents for Alamo reservations right across the world.
For over 30 years, Alamo Rent A Car has been a market leader in the global car rental industry. The company started with 4 locations in Florida and now has a worldwide network, with access to over 8,800 rental locations in 90 countries, including all major airports and cities. With a clear focus on the leisure traveller, the Alamo brand has become synonymous with easy to book, competitively priced, straightforward car rental, offering a range of services to make the experience as convenient as possible for holidaymakers, from fast-track collections and drop offs, to Sat Nav and child seat facilities.
This philosophy is now being extended to the UAE, with locations downtown in Abu Dhabi and Dubai and at both Abu Dhabi and Dubai International Airports. A fleet of more than 4,000 vehicles has also been established for the new UAE operation, providing holidaymakers with a wide range of choice, from compact minis to 4x4s. Plus UAE residents will be able to use the local call centre and website to make reservations for Alamo rental almost anywhere in the world.
“We see the UAE as a key region for the development of the Alamo brand”, confirmed Guy Coghlan, Managing Director, Middle East, Alamo and National Car Rental. “This is both because it is an incredibly important in-bound tourist destination, but also because we know that UAE residents want to be able to access a car rental service that has local knowledge and global reach.
“The United Arab Emirates is now well and truly established as a holiday destination and we are keen to support travellers who may have already experienced the high quality service and customer care from the Alamo brand in this burgeoning region. We are, therefore, very excited to have opened operations in key locations in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi as well as creating a dedicated call centre and website.
“With the local knowledge that is behind Alamo UAE, we can provide both domestic and international holidaymakers with a high quality car rental experience – so that they can get on the road as quickly as possible.”
Key aspects of the Alamo service, now available to UAE visitors and residents include:
· E-Voucher - Alamo’s global E-Voucher programme means customers no longer need to carry a rental voucher. All they need is their reservation number
· GPS - Portable Nüvi 260W units are available for rent at Alamo USA and Canada locations
· Choice - This unique service – currently available at Alamo locations in the USA and London Heathrow - allows customers to choose their rental car from all those available in the vehicle group on location.
· ‘Save Time’ – This service, currently available in North America, allows customers to pre-register their personal details online after they have made their initial reservation ensuring a speedier service when they arrive to collect their vehicle.
· Self-Service Kiosks - In tandem with the launch of Save Time, Alamo is rolling out Kiosks to European customers travelling to the United States. It is currently available in the USA.