AIBTM (www.aibtm.com) is partnering with four of the industry’s top associations to provide almost double the amount of educational sessions for the 2012 event. AIBTM takes place June 19-21, 2012 in Baltimore Convention Centre, Baltimore. The three-day business-networking event launches with AIBTM Education Day, followed by two days of exhibition and continued learning.
AIBTM will bring together the top minds in the meetings and events industry in a series of conferences, forums and workshops in conjunction with the educational sessions provided by some of the biggest names in the industry: the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA), the Society of Incentive Travel Executives (SITE), the Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE) and the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA).
“AIBTM is excited to have the industry’s education leaders share their collective expertise on cutting edge technology and current affairs,” said Craig Moyes, Portfolio Director, IBTM Global Events Portfolio, Reed Travel Exhibitions. “Multiple concurrent education events will ensure there are tracks for all types and levels of planners, as well as buyers and industry leaders participating in CEO panels and keynote speaker sessions.”
PCMA will host Education Powered by PCMA, PCMA Executive Edge and the State of the Industry Panel. PCMA also will deliver six, 15-minute “bite-size” learning sessions with key learning objectives at its AIBTM stand. The PCMA mini-session topics will cover:
· Apps for the Meeting Professional
· Evaluating Hands-on Community Service Projects for your Meetings:
· Recognise What it Takes to host a Hybrid Meeting
· iPad for Specs: Learn How to Maximise Your Use of an iPad for Your Meeting in Place of a Notebook
· Engagement of the Virtual Audience
ICCA will present the ICCA Global Meetings track, featuring two 90-minute roundtable sessions. The discussions will be followed by a one-hour clinic, where ICCA members will be available to give personalized advice to planners. This year’s ICCA roundtable sessions and clinic topics are:
· How Global Destinations Can Penetrate the U.S. market
· Global Meetings: Practical Advice for North American Planners
· Going Global One-on-one Clinic
ACTE will present three education tracks on how industry professionals can make the most of face time and use technology to best enhance the corporate travel experience. ACTE’s education sessions include:
· Issues that Matter: In this speed-learning session focused on the industry’s hottest issues, attendees will participate in back-to-back “hot button dialogues” with industry provocateurs
· Cost-savings Tips & Insider Information from Road Warriors
· Is it Time to Eliminate the Hotel RFP Process? This session will explore the future of hotel aggregators and spotlight unconventional, out-of-the-box solutions
Additionally, SITE will host the SITE Young Leaders Program, along with an educational session on the benefits of incentives.
AIBTM’s leading education partners have pledged additional support to AIBTM by collectively bringing more than 750 buyers to the event. AIBTM announced last week a 48% increase in industry partnerships in 2012. AIBTM expects to have 20,000 pre-scheduled onsite appointments in 2012 and has seen a 50% spike in Group Coordinators over last year. Additionally, 85% of current exhibitors signed on are returning. Of those, 30% have significantly increased floor space for 2012. With still three months to go, more than 22% of AIBTM 2012’s show floor will include brand new exhibitors.