A kaleidoscope of natural wonders, ancient civilisations, legends and folklore, echoing with music and colour, our expert guides will unravel the many secrets of Peru. The tour begins in Lima with local expert, Guillermo Cock, guiding you through the Moche Temples of the Sun and Moon to explore the lesser-known Pachacamac ruins of the north. Journey down to Cusco where Peter Frost, noted British explorer, will uncover the secrets of the Incas and the unspoilt hilltop villages of the north. Travellers will board the Hiram Bingham Orient Express to Machu Picchu where former Resident Archaeologist, Alfredo Mormontoy will delve into the mystery of the Incan heartland.
Highlights of this tour include:
· A full day tour of Lima with Guillermo Cock, a Peruvian born archaeologist and expert on Andean cultures.
· Private dinner at the Huaca Pucliana, located in one of the biggest pre-Columbian temples of the city
· Sipan, where the tomb of the Lord of Sipan was discovered, considered to be the richest tombs in the Americas
· Sacred Valley of the Incas tour with British explorer and author of ‘Exploring Cusco’, Peter Frost
· Hiram Bingham Orient Express train to Machu Picchu to explore the city’s ruins and the breathtaking Incan citadel with the former Resident Archaeologist of the site, Alfredo Mormontoy Atayupanqui
Discover the wonders of Peru’s diverse culture, on a tour that goes beyond the celebrated wonder of Machu Picchu to reveal the hidden secrets of Northern Peru and the country’s unspoilt villages and landscape. Experience Peru’s awe-inspiring beauty and the wonder of her cultural past on this exclusive, expert-led tour.