Cage diving with great white sharks off the coast of South Africa, Sicilian-style cooking classes in Italy and paragliding over the Spanish countryside are among the 400 Crystal Adventures in store for guests on Crystal Cruises’ 2010 World Cruise. The excursions, nearly 100 of which are brand new, allow guests to experience destinations in one-of-a-kind ways. Whether atop an elephant in Africa, via race car on a Circuit track in the Middle East, or by private plane over Spain’s stunning Basque country, intrepid World Cruise guests will find pursuits for virtually any interest. The 108-day itinerary departs Miami for London January 10 aboard Crystal Serenity.
“Crystal World Cruise guests continually seek out-of-the-ordinary experiences that satisfy a quest for true adventure,” said John Stoll, director, land program. “These excursions are designed to provide them with memories unique to their travels.”
In addition to new African safaris and dozens of Crystal Overland Adventures, shore-side highlights include:
* *NEW* Race a Caterham in Bahrain;
* *NEW* Explore Iran’s ancient Persepolis;
* *NEW* See the highlights of Oman by 4 x 4;
* *NEW* Hike Sochi’s Mount Akhun, and
* Cage dive with great whites.
* *NEW* Take in Abu Dhabi’s sites by Cessna;
* *NEW* Helicopter above Durban’s mountainous landscape;
* Soak in the Seychelles’ scenery via helicopter;
* Paraglide above Barcelona’s landscapes.
Regional Culinary Insights
* Prepare a meal at Lisbon’s Albatroz Palace hotel;
* Visit a villa in Catania for a Sicilian cooking lesson;
* Create Catalan cuisine at a Barcelona cooking school, and
* Learn culinary secrets at a Michelin-starred Sorrento restaurant.
* Explore an African elephant sanctuary, and
* Visit an Abu Dhabi Falcon care and rehabilitation hospital.
Besides maiden calls to Iran, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, the World Cruise also visits South America, Africa, India and Europe, visiting 41 ports in 37 countries. It is also offered in 12- to 21-day segments. Travelers will enjoy Crystal’s new pricing, with two-for-one cruise fares, free airfare for two or more segments, price guarantee and shipboard spending credits. For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit crystalcruises.com.