While the British are known around the world for having a stiff upper lip, data released today by Just The Flight today shows that some holidaymakers are more than willing to make cringe-worthy complaints about the most ridiculous things while on holiday.
Travellers rightly have high expectations for their holidays, but a collection of the most cringe-worthy and embarrassing complaints seen by Just The Flight proves that some people simply can’t be pleased. Grievances range from the spiteful and irrelevant to the baffling and incredulous – one woman was angered that her husband became carsick on a boat, while another complained they could not get around without directions in English…!
The complaints, although ridiculous, do give an idea of what people are looking for in a holiday. Many holiday destinations are chosen for their picturesque scenery or the beautiful works of art housed in their galleries and museums - but misgivings about an ugly tour guide and too many fat people on the beach reveal some tourists may place too much importance on aesthetics.
While many complain about the shackles of health and safety at home, some holidaymakers feel that they could have a little more protection abroad. One particularly odd complaint was directed at a hot air balloon company that failed to mention you shouldn’t take a ride if you’re afraid of heights.
Other ridiculous complaints included:
1) “We went to a Mexican restaurant in Rome and the waiter was Italian. You assured us Italy was the best place for an authentic food experience.”
2) “Our flight left Heathrow at 07:55, and they told us the flight was 2 hours. But when we landed it was 10:55, making us miss our connection. The pilot didn’t even tell us we were delayed.”
3) “The beach had too many fat people. It was gross.”
4) “The animals at the zoo looked very sad and it made our children cry. Can’t they train them to smile?”
5) “You told us that there was a rooftop pool, but above us was just another room.”
“It’s understandable that people look forward to high expectations, and when those standards aren’t met we’ll bend over backwards to put a complaint right,” says Mark Byart from Just The Flight. “But some of these ridiculous and embarrassing complaints suggest that some people will always find something to moan about!”
Read the full list over at http://www.justtheflight.co.uk/blog/12-the-18-most-ridiculous-travel-complaints.html.